Monday, February 6, 2012

Lesson No. 1

Acceptance. I'm struggling and struggling to edit the title of my  first blog. I don't want it to read "LymeDaze and Getting Started. What's writing got to do with it?" But, I can't find my way back to where I was. Lyme is like this and it's not worth more energy trying.

Instead, I want it to read:


Giving birth to myself. What's writing got to do with it?

Because in writing about my Lyme and sharing my life with others, I feel that I will begin to give birth to myself.

Occurrences such as this generally emerge from a major precipitating event, one that maybe threatens to take the person to the edge of the precipice. My edge is that I'm sitting, and waiting, knowing that without any choice on my part, and utterly helpless to do anything about it, I'm soon going to once again be living alone with Lyme. That, is a challenge.

Alone? Yes, and not only is my sometimes human companionship moving, but also my dear, cuddly, sweet dog, Buddy. He's leaving too. He isn't actually mine. Hush Hush! He thinks he is and so do I went he cuddles beside me and I reach to stroke him and feel his warmth, or when tears break through and with his worried little Cavalier face, he runs up to comfort me, sometimes licking tears away, but mostly pressing his soft, warm sweet face against mine. Can you resist this face? What a comical little character he is. Dogs are amazing beings! They know so much more about us than we will ever, in a hundred lifetimes, ever, ever know about them. After all, they watch our every move!

No comments:

Post a Comment